Cultivation of horticultural crops usually is begun with seedbed nurseries or seedlings, not to mention, the cultivation of chili plants. Good chilli seedlings are the beginning of chili cultivation success.
The Seedbed Location Must Meet The Following Requirements:
- The place should be clean and safe from pests, diseases and weeds of bullies.
- Must be available / close to the water source.
- Easy on surveillance.
There Are Some Common Nursery Techniques Conducted By Farmers. One Example of Chili Breeding Technique Is Sterile System Pro / Germination:
- The first step is to prepare chili seeds. Choose a disease-resistant superior seed with a minimum spinning power of 90%, usually already listed in the packaging (sachet) of the seed manufacturer. 1 pack / sachet contains ± 1400 seeds.
- Soak the seeds. The seeds of the manufacturer in the sachet are usually seeded or treated with a fungicide. If you want to plant organic then this fungicide must also be cleaned first and soak in warm water ± 50 ° C for 2 hours, then soak in 10% liquid GDM Organic Fertilizer solution for 1 hour to stimulate growth and prevent seed disease.
- Drain the seeds 3-5 minutes.
- Place / evenly spread the seedlings that have been drained on a clean cloth dipped in a 10% GDM Liquid Organic Fertilizer solution. Fold the cloth slowly and store it in a special container (tray / basin) for 3 – 4 days.
- Move to nursery polybag. On the 4th day, the seeds are usually starting to germinate. Prepare a small polybag or a nursery tray containing a mixture of soil: manure (2: 1). Make the planting hole as deep as 0.5 cm. 1 pot 1 planting hole for 1 sprout. Plant chick pepper 1 hole for 1 plant / sprout, cover the hole with fine soil or husk ash.
- Water the nursery! Do it 2 times a day or as needed.
- Perform fertilization with GDM Organic Fertilizer at age 7 and 14 days after growth.
- Seeds ready for planting. Age 20 days after seedling (plant height 15 – 21 cm) chili seedlings ready to be planted in the field.
Sterile Pro seedbed like this is faster and produce more similar size than the conventional methods.
- Annonymous, 2015. Good Agriculture Practices, Budidaya Cabai Yang Baik Dan Benar, Food and Agriculture Organization of The United Nation – Departemen Pertanian, Jakarta.
- Annonymous, 2017. Tipspetanicabe.blogspot.co.id
- Priyono W, 2017. Panduan Lengkap Budidaya Cabe Merah, Guru Ilmuan.blogspot.co.id.
- Sumarni N, Muharam A, 2005. Budidaya Tanaman Cabai Merah, Balai Penelitian Tanaman Sayuran, Departemen Pertanian, Jakarta.